Monday, April 2, 2012

How now brown cow?

Guess what?  Today, I'm a star!  Not just any star, a Stampendous BlogStar!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to play along with such a talented design team.  You know how much I love stamping and creating and to be able to do so with a company I love is just beyond wonderful.  In honor of this awesome opportunity, I've decided to "Milk it for all it's worth!" 

 I'm not sure if you've met Cowlik yet or not but isn't he adorable?  Cowlik is one of the new characters from Stampendous that has joined Fluffles and Changito.  I'm just in love with this little guy!  I've made him brown since we all know the brown cows are where chocolate milk comes from, right!?  I'm not sure where the strawberry milk comes from and I don't think I want to know! 

I colored these images with my Copics after stamping them on Neenah with VersaFine ink.  I kept the papers to a minimum since I knew I was using three different images.  My papers are Bazzill for the base and background layers and the patterned paper is from a Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck named Garden Variety.



Here's a close up of Cowlick and a close up of the milk bottles.







Even though it's hard to tell in my pictures, I colored the sky with Copic B0000 and colored around the milk bottles and the sentiment with the same.  It's hard for me to leave white space!  I love how this card came out and the simplicity of it.  All I had to do to polish it off was add a lovely bow. 


Here's what the entire set looks like and the link to the site should you want to purchase this very versatile set.  Say hello, happy birthday or, like me, milk it for all it's worth and just have fun!  Cowlik Birthday Perfectly Clear™ Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm really looking forward to my time as a Stampendous BlogStar.  There are three other BlogStars I'm sharing the spotlight with and I hope you will check out their blogs and say hello to them as well. 

Tenia Nelson
 http://jazzypaper.blogspot.com

April Derrick
http://memoryvilla.com/blog

Susie Moore
http://www.thedieshaveit.com

I'm sure they're just as excited as I am!
 I hope you'll check back often to see what I've come up with next.  There's all sorts of cards rolling around in my head just waiting to be stamped, colored and created!

Big BlogStar Hugs!
Lea

5 comments:

  1. I too would like to know where strawberry milk comes from!! welcome to the team Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute!! So if a cow laughs, does she squirt milk out her nose??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome, Lea! You're a ROCK STAR! :O)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cuteness!!! Yay....so happy to be working with ya!!! Congrats dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all going to have way too much fun! So glad you've joined us in our crazy fun work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!