Saturday, April 28, 2012

Last week to play!

Sadly, this is the last Saturday to play along in the Stampendous April Challenge to recycle, reuse or repurpose.  I've really enjoyed this challenge and hope you've had a chance to play along with us.  I have to admit, I love finding "treasures" in someones trash.  I can be driving along and see something someone has set on the side of the road for our yearly bulky item pickup.  I don't think twice about stopping and picking something up.  My kids get so embarrassed by this but I'm always oblivious to their protests because the wheels are already turning in my head.  I found this cookie sheet in one of those piles and I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it.


Yes, it was pretty rusty and nasty looking.  This picture was actually taken after lightly sanding some of the rust off and washing it.  It doesn't look like much in this picture.  So, here it is after I've given it a face lift.




A close up of the flowers



Using Stampendous Cling Jumbo Zinnia, I stamped the flower three times and colored each flower with different colors of Copic Markers. I cut the flowers out, added pop dots on the back of each one and set them aside. I spray painted the tray in an antique white and when it was dry I added the flowers. I also used leaves from some silk flowers I had taken apart some time back just to add that little extra pop of color and give it a more complete look.  So there you have it!  My repurposed cookie sheet has been transformed into a fun message board I'm going to hang in my kitchen.  I hope you like my creation.  Now, it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the design team has created for your viewing pleasure!



You have until Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to add your direct link to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog). You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do! As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous newly released Mother's Love Perfectly Clear Stamp Set .





Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you may enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!


Hugs,
Lea

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME! You have an eye for seeing potential. Love that gorgeous flower set in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did you get such a smooth finish on top of that rusted thing? Wow!
    Love the coloring of those flowers. Fun recycle project. (I've been know to grab junk as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this!!! Your amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee!!! This is gorgeous! Fabulous recycling project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lea what a transformation well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! Your paint looks soo smooth and professional too! You'd love it in our area... we have bulk pick up once a month. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!