Saturday, May 5, 2012

Surf's up!

Happy Scrappy Day!  That's right, we're celebrating National Scrapbooking Day at Stampendous!  Working at Enchanted Cottage, one of the largest rubber stamping and scrapbooking stores in the southeast, I hear customers say that they scrapbook but they don't stamp.  I'm sure I must look at these people as if they are aliens when I hear that.  Why not stamp on your scrapbook pages?  To begin with, stamps are a whole lot more economical than stickers.  How many times can you use that sticker?  Once.  Now, how many times can you use that stamp?  Only a gazillion!  Here's a cute little example of just how easy it is to use stamps on your pages.


All the images on this page are stamped and colored with Copic markers.  Which debunks another myth!  Who says you can't color with Copic markers on textured Bazzill?  We won't go there right now.  Let's get back to stamping!  This is a simple page with a very basic layout but the paper and stamped images all complement each other.  I've also added a little embossing powder for sand which gives it just a touch of texture.  I hope you like my page and I really hope it inspires you to get your stamps out and ink up those scrapbook pages with something besides a journaling pen!

Products used:

Bazzill Paper
Fancy Pants Designs Summer Soul 6 x 6" Paper Pad
Copic Markers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad

Instructions:

  • Cut photo mat patterned papers to size and determine where you are going to adhere them
  • Stamp each Changito image and color with Copic markers
  • Stamp plumeria flower image four times to create a border on top and bottom of page and color
  • Adhere photo mat patterned papers
  • Using VersaMark pen, add ink where you want to add embossing powder to create "sand"
  • Add embossing powder over VersaMark ink and heat emboss
There you go!  A cute page created with paper and STAMPS!  Happy scrapbooking!

Hugs,
Lea

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm wanting to get to scrapbooking! Where's the photos, LOL. Great LO, Lea. Hope you a great NSD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Janelle, I wasn't sure if I should put photos on there or not so I decided to take the safe route and just show the LO. Guess I should have added pics!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!