Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summertime...

d...and the living is easy!  Our cute little friend, Changito, has the right idea!  This card was created using the Stampendous Cling Changito Simple Daydream set.  This has really been a favorite of mine and I knew I had to use this paper with it.  First things first, I stamped my image and colored it using my Copic markers.  I cut my image out, edged it with a little Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen and matted it on green Bazzill.  I cut my base from Bazzill then cut my patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist collection and matted it on the green Bazzill as well.  Next I used my Memento Tuxedo Black marker to ink up just a portion of the sentiment, stamped it, matted it and distressed it!  Using some plain cotton string, I wrapped it around the front of the card and tied on the three pieces of ribbon to mimic the kite tail.  I adhered the rest of  my pieces and voila, cute summertime card!  The other thing I would like to point out is how easy it was to mimic the patterned paper on the kite portion of the image.  I used my blender pen and darker Copic markers to mimic the designs on the kite.  How cool is that? 

This fun card serves a dual purpose.  I'm using it for the weekly challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, SC388 and I'm also using it for the monthly challenge on the Stampendous Blog.  If you are going to play along with the weekly challenge on Splitcoast, please make sure you post as SC388. Throughout the month of June we are challenging ourselves (and you) to make a card, project, gift, altered item, or a bit of home decor that is related to SUMMER! That’s right, we’re celebrating the start of summer all month long! 


Don’t forget, we want YOU to play along with us! Simply make a summer themed project of some sort and add the direct link for your project to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than Thursday, June 28 at 11:59 PM EST . You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do! As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous new Friendly Phrases Perfectly Clear stamp set:
As an even bigger incentive, if you use Stampendous products on your project, that entry will count twice, which increases your chances of winning! Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a U.S. address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you can enter as many times as you’d like!) this month…Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Lea

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card - so cheerful and summery! Thank you so much for welcoming me to the Team, I am soooo happy!!

    Big hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!