Sunday, December 15, 2013

Joy! Joy! Joy! at Desert Islands Crafters Challenge Blog

Christmas is a time to rejoice and find joy in our many blessings.  Such a simple little word with such a huge message, don't you think?  I try hard to find joy in my daily life, some days I'm better at it than others!  I will say that when I'm sitting at my craft desk and coloring an adorable image or putting together a project that has come from my heart, I can't help but feel joy in my heart.  I hope you find some joy or bring some joy to someone else this Christmas season.  Today I'm bringing you Amalia's Joy Banner from Dilly Beans for Desert Islands Crafters Challenge Blog.  She is so incredibly cute, I had so much fun coloring her up with my Copics!  Here's my card:


The itinerary for the December 15th challenge is:

  1. Snow/Snowflakes
  2. Die Cuts
  3. Two or More Papers
  4. Ribbon/Twine
  5. Bells/Charms
  6. Lace
  7. Flowers
  8. Bling
  9. Make a Gift
  10. Red/Green

For my card, I've used 1, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10.  Here's what I did to create my card:

Printed image, colored it with Copics and trimmed to desired size
Created my card base from Bazzill using a tent fold
Trimmed my patterned paper as shown
Layered the dots and snowflake paper together and adhered them
Trimmed a piece of white ribbon, wrapped it around my papers and adhered it to the back
Adhered my two patterned papers with the ribbon to the card base 
Using crochet thread I've dyed red with my Copic marker, I attached my snowflake charm 
Layer image onto plaid paper and adhere both to card base
Using more dyed thread and Zip Dry, attach thread to card over banner "string"
Print a second image, color just the banner, trim each piece and attach to card with a foam mounting square
Using Stardust Stickles, add a little bling to the holly berries and the letters on the banner

Here's what I used to create my card:

Dilly Beans #508 Amalia's Joy Banner Image
Neenah Classic Crest® Solar White Cardstock
My Mind's Eye™ 'Tis the Season 6x6 Paper Pad
Bazzill Cardstock in red
Hug Snug® White Seam Binding
Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread®
Charm Gallery® Snowflake Charm
Stickles™ in Stardust
Beacon Zip Dry™
Scrapbook Adhesives™ Foam Mounting Squares
Copic® Markers
     Skin:  E50, 51, 21, 11; R20
     Hair:  E31, 33, 34, 35, 37
     Holly / Berries:  YG13, 17, 95; R22, 24, 29
     Hair Bows:  BG72, 75, 78
     Dress:  BG10, 11, 72, 75, 78; R20, 21, 24, 27; YG13, 17
     Banner:  R01, 02

So that's how I did mine, how will you do yours?  I hope you'll play along as it's so much fun!  I also hope that you can find your joy this Christmas season!  See you again real soon!

Hugs,
Lea


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!