Friday, February 14, 2014

A Daisy A Day!

Or, maybe I should say, "Think Spring!"  We've had a big snow here in my part of North Carolina and now they're calling for more!  I want Spring!!  I want to say good-bye to winter and hello to spring.  I want to wear my flip flops and put away my boots.  I want to feel the sun on my face, NOT snowflakes!

So, since it's winter and I'm not a fan of cold weather (in case you couldn't tell!) I've spent a lot of time in the craft room.  If you haven't seen the new Creative Palette from Stampendous, you need to check it out!  This thing is so much fun to create with!  The cool thing is, each page you print is different, no two are alike.  I've used acrylics and mixed them with a variety of sprays.  I've stamped into the paint with stamps and squiggled and sponged with other things I've found around the house and my craft room.  The possibilities are only limited to your imagination.  Here's a link to the Creative Palette on the Stampendous site which has a product video to explain how to do monoprinting.  Here's my card, the green background paper is one I've created:


I have to tell you, you won't believe how fun it is to create your own backgrounds!  I love it.  For this card I've used the following:

DecoArt Neon Green Glamour Dust Acrylic Paint
DecoArt Apple Green Americana Satin Acrylic Paint
Speedball Rubber Brayer
Neenah Classic Crest
Bazzill
Lasting Impressions Yellow Dot Paper
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 
May Arts Ribbon
Copic Markers C0; Y13, 15, 17; YG07, 09, 25
Scor-Tape
Glue Dot

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you've enjoyed my project and I'll see you again soon.  In the meantime, get you a Creative Palette and get busy monoprinting your own cool backgrounds!

Hugs, 
Lea

PS:  I'm starting a really cool on-going project, I'll tell you more about it next week!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!