Friday, July 25, 2014

Christmas in July!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  Well, it's really not Christmas but this week it's Christmas in July for Stampendous! ® Today I'm showcasing my favorite Christmas card from the July catalog.  One of my favorite things to do is mix the various fragments and glitters from Stampendous®.  I love that you can customize your mix to the colors of your image or papers.  So here's my card:


Here's what I used to create this card:

Stampendous® Cardinal Elements
Stampendous® Ochre Color Fragments
Stampendous® Scarlet Color Fragments
Stampendous® Bronze Glass Glitter
Stampendous® Silver Glass Glitter
Stampendous® Silver Lux Mix
Stampendous® Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®

Cardstock by Bazill Basics Paper®
Classic Crest™ Solar White Cover Stock by Neenah®
Tim Holtz® Pumice Stone & Antique Linen Distress Inks™ by Ranger®
My Mind’s Eye® Vintage Christmas
Copic® Markers (R35, R37, R39, G20, G21, G94, G99, Y23, Y26, E40, E41)
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives®


Here's what I did to create this card:

Stamp image and color
Trim image to desired size and add distress inks
Create standard A-2 card base with a tent fold
Trim patterned papers as shown
Adhere all layers as shown
In lower right corner only, add Silver Lux Mix
Create mix with Bronze and Silver Crushed Glass Glitter and Scarlet and Ochre Fragments
Apply created mix as shown

So there you have it!  Now, you'd better get busy on YOUR Christmas cards!  Heeheehee!  Actually, I've started on mine already.  I'm resolved to have them done and mailed by the second week in December!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you like my card and that it has inspired you at least a little bit to create your own.  Have a blessed and crafty day!

Hugs,
Lea

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!