Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wicked Wednesday with A Day for Daisies

It's Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge Blog time and we're celebrating the coming of Spring with A Day for Daisies.  This week my image is A Special Flower and it is totally adorable!  I love Poppies and since I'm an Army Veteran, I really love Poppies!  I love that they're in remembrance of my fallen comrades.  This sweet little girl just really appealed to me, there's an innocence about her face that pulls me in.  Perhaps its her innocence, while in remembrance of so much loss, that tugs at my heart.  My dad passed away two and a half years ago and he spent 20 years serving our country in the United States Navy.  Two days ago it was his birthday.  I suppose a lot of what I'm feeling is due to my missing him so deeply.


Here's what I used to create this ATC:

Neenah® Classic Crest™ Solar White Cover Stock
Tim Holtz® Faded Jeans Distress Ink by Ranger®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon
Copic® Markers:  E04, 21, 41, 42, 43, 44, 47, 49, 50, 51; B32, 34, 37; YG17; BV01; 
R14, 17, 20, 29, 46

Here's what I did to create this ATC:

Print image, color and trim as shown
Stamp sentiment
Add distress ink all around image but not over girl
Add a small dot of glue to the center of each flower and add glitter, shake off excess and set aside to dry

Super easy ATC but so sweet!  I wanted to keep this one simple in honor of all the fallen soldiers and in honor of my dad.  Yes, we're celebrating the coming of Spring but this image just meant more to me than that.  Thanks for indulging me!  So, come and play along with us and show us your best Spring image!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you've made!

Hugs,
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!