Monday, July 31, 2017

Summery Sister Sun

It's the last day of July and I thought it would be fun to create a card with my favorite Tsukineko® inks for the Imagine Color Challenge that ends today.  Yeah, I kind of procrastinated on this one since I lost all of my ink pads in my house fire.  Good friends and teammates had kindly provided me with some new pads, but, alas, there were no yellows!  So, I had to force myself to go shopping and buy some yellow pads.  I'm sure you know how difficult that was! Bwahahahahaha!  The challenge color is yellow, a happy color that warms my soul!  Something else that warms my soul, Stampendous® Stamps!  It just seemed right to combine my favorite Tsukineko® inks with my favorite stamps.  So, without further ado, here's my card made with Stampendous® Laurel Burch Sister Sun and Scrolled Sunshine:


Here's a close-up showing some of the glittery goodness from the Delicata™ Golden Glitz pad:

Here's what I used to create this card:

Metallic Gold Prismacolor® Pencil
Strathmore® Watercolor Paper
Pebbles Family Ties Paper Pad
Blue Cardstock by Love Nicole™
E-Z Runner® by Scrapbook Adhesives™
3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives®

Here's what I did to create this card:

Using the Delicata™ Golden Glitz ink pad, I stamped the sun onto watercolor paper and trimmed to the size I wanted for my card.
I pressed some ink from all three Memento™ pads onto an acrylic block to use as my palette.
With a watercolor brush, I picked up ink from the block and watercolored the image, blending colors as needed.
Once the image was completed, I went back over some of the detail with a metallic gold pencil to define the features and lines that had lightened in the watercoloring process.
I edged the stamped image with the gold ink and set it aside to completely dry.
I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of the watercolor paper, first in the Delicata™ Golden Glitz and then with the VersaFine™ Onyx Black, which created a bit of a drop shadow effect.  
I trimmed the sentiment down, watercolored the background and edged it with gold ink.
I created a 5" x 5" card base with a tent fold from blue cardstock and then created mats for my sentiment and my main image from the same cardstock.
I trimmed my patterned paper for the background and then layered all the pieces together as shown.  
I used thin foam squares to attach the sentiment and, card complete!

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and I'll see you again soon!  In the meantime, enjoy your summer days, and, if you're in the southern hemisphere, may you dream of warm summer days ahead.

Hugs,
Lea



4 comments:

  1. that sun is as bright as it was the last
    couple weeks when the temperature was in
    the 100 degree range. She looks fierce
    and hot. Fantastic design.
    thanks for sharing.
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great sparkle! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers! This is amazing! You additional watercoloring made this sun jist POP with dimension! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs from CT!
    Meg
    IG: meghanshea3377

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!