Thursday, April 24, 2014

Geared Up For Fun!





Stampendous Stamps and Dreamweaver Stencils are at it again with another fun Dream-Pendous blog collaboration!  The Stampendous team and the Dreamweaver team are collaborating once again with all the fun toys in both team's arsenal. Of course, as usual, there will be great prizes available for those who comment throughout this week. In fact there will be three prize packages available to win. Each will have a great selection of Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous images and dies...one being the new "Blossom Beauty" face image as shown on the badge above.  Here is my creation for today:



Lately I've been on a canvas board kick, I can't seem to get enough of them!  I decided to create a canvas and use something a little different.  Sometimes when I'm in my craft dungeon or even doing something as simple as walking around Target, my gears start turning in my head and I can't wait to get home and get busy creating.  I feel like my head is going to explode if I don't get the ideas out!  So this canvas represents how I feel at those moments!  

Here's what I used to create this project:

Stampendous Cling Blossom Beauty
Stampendous Discover Today Perfectly Clear Stamps
Stampendous Live Creatively
Dreamweaver Stencil LJ 911 Gears
Dreamweaver Stencils Pearlescent Embossing Paste
Dreamweaver Stencils Metallic F/X - Amber Glow
Memento Desert Sand
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
8x10 Canvas Board
Copic Marker V15 and 0 Colorless Blender
Spectrum Noir Markers: FS1, 2, 4, 9; CR 1, 2; PP3; TN4, 5, 7; DG2, 4; CG2; BG9; EB6
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
Solid Oak, Inc. Steampunk Gears
Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel
Foam Mounting Squares
Deli Paper

Here's how I created this project:

Stamp image on white cardstock, color with markers and cut out
Color canvas board, spritz with colorless blender
Mix paste with Metallic F/X and paste emboss gears onto canvas
With matte gel, apply gears and adhere head pieces
Stamp sentiments from Discover Today on deli paper, tear out and adhere with gel
Stamp Live Creatively sentiment on white cs, color, spritz with blender and adhere gears with gel
Adhere sentiment with foam squares in upper left corner of canvas

Please visit the team's players for today, and leave comments as you go!


Remember, if you don't comment, you can't win!  You know you want to win because the prize packs are AWESOME!  That's it from me today.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for the big blog hop!  Woohoo!  It's going to be great!  Have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Lea

31 comments:

  1. Very neat creation, beautiful eyes. I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow! What a great concept Lea. I really like those greats coming out of her head. Brilliant! !!
    ps. I'm playing today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! Love the idea of all that creativity flowing out of the top of her head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a job getting to this page, so maybe why I am first. Wow! My day just keeps getting better. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Love your creativity! Those gears look fabulous! Love the sentiments too and your beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative canvas!
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen L. said.....
    Wow, unusual idea and it works, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A W E S O M E ! ! ! I feel this way often and love the imagery! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun piece, Lea! Love your coloring on the face, it's so lifelike! The gears are the perfect complement to the Blossom Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I love the face coloring. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inspiring quote and awesome way to illustrate it.
    thank you for the boost

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your canvas is great. I really like the sentiments that you used on it. Thanks for sharing with us how you made your project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cleaver idea. I just love the gears coming out of her head. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very artsy project, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lea, great showcasing of your design!!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. You hit the nail on the head with this card, exactly how I feel at times. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How unique you beautiful
    creation is! Such a pretty
    job on the face coloring.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is fantastic. I've seen it done with me - but you've gone for girl power.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting, different...and I like gears;) thank you for your unique art! -con

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is amazing! I love what you did with the gears and the purple background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! A beautiful lady gear head. Lol. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Neat idea! Love the stenciled gears and the symbolism. Awesome mixed media project! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your Blossom Beauty! She thinks in gears and gadgets rather than blossoms and hair spray. Your card really is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your EXCITING canvas!!!
    LOVE that you mind is FILLED with CREATIVITY and LOVE how you have depicted it, the colours are fabulous and the embossed gears REALLY COOL => THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVITY & INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very creative! I think I need some more gears moving in my brain so I can come up with idea like all of you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!