Sunday, April 15, 2012

Altered Alice Time



Have you heard? 
Stampendous is partnering with The Altered Alice blog for the month of April using the new and cool Wonderland Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.  This is fun collaboration as the Stampendous Design Team plays along with the Altered Alice Design Team to see what fun and cool projects we can come with for this set.

I didn't do a card or a box, I decided to do a couple of jewelry pieces.  The first is a necklace using the white rabbit, watch and playing card stamps.  It was one of those ideas that just popped into my noggin the minute I looked at the set.  I saw how the rabbit's paws were poised and I knew they were just screaming to hold something!  I stamped each piece with VersaFine and embossed with the clear powder.  I cut out each piece, ran it over the VersaMark pad and then embossed the edges and back with the aged taupe embossing enamel.  Using my 1/16 hole punch, I punched a small hole in each piece and attached the jump rings.  I did add a small amount of shading with my Copic markers W00 and W0. 


Next I did a piece with Cheshire Cat as he is truly my favorite character!  I stamped the Cat image on Neenah and colored it with Copics BG13, BG15 & G07.  I cut it out and set it aside.  I found a page in the book Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and photo copied it.  I cut the section down to size and added the distress ink all over.  I backed it onto a square of Bazzill I had cut to fit and attached the cat image on top.  I sandwiched the whole thing between two pieces of Memory Glass and placed it inside a Memory Frame to wear as a necklace.  I added my jump ring and chain.  As a side note, I colored my cat in the same manner as the Tim Burton version of the Cheshire Cat rather than the Disney version.  Have a look!  I hope you like the two pieces I've created.  They were a lot of fun to make and will be even more fun to wear!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll stop back by again soon.  Until then...

Hugs,
Lea

6 comments:

  1. Lea! No photos?! I want to see your beauteous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your rabbit is holding the clock and card, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What agreat idea...to make jewelry! Endless hours of your enjoying these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! Love the text behind the Cheshire Cat, and the jump ring construction of the rabbit pendant great, it will have such great movement! Sorry the post was so late, and thanks so much foe lending your talent to The Altered Alice this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great!!! You are very creative and clever!! I would wear these for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!