Monday, April 2, 2012

Who gives a Hoot?

Haunting Hannah, that's who!  Meet Haunting Hannah and Hoot, the latest in the Spunky Spooks collection from Simply B Stamps by Alicia Bell.  These are such fun images and I can hardly wait for Halloween to get here so I can make even more cards with them.  These have got to be some of the prettiest spooks out there!  And, let's not forget how cute Hoot is! 


I colored her skin like I normally would with my Copics and then I decided she looked a little too alive and not really ghost-like.  Well that an easy enough fix!  I simply went over all her skin with my 0, Colorless Blender, and then added in a little C00 and C0.  Spooked her up rather nicely!  If I had her to do over again, I must admit I would have used a lighter spica pen than the black.  I might have only used clear or possibly silver.  The next time I color her, one of those will be my pick. 
My papers are simple, Bazzill, Neenah and Echo Park's Apothecary Emporium pad.  I did add some May Arts ribbon that has a cool spider web effect and I used a Tim Holtz muse token.  I liked it because it said Haunted with a large "H" punched out of the middle.  I thought it was quite appropriate.  I attached it with a sparkly brad from my stash but I think it was originally from SU!.  I put it at the end of her chain with hopes that it would look like her chain was holding it.

I hope you like her and will check out the creations the rest of the Design Team put together.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back tomorrow.  Something seems a little fishy!

Hugs,
Lea

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love how you did the charm on her chain, I had to go check another card to see if there was really something on there. Totally cool how you "fixed" her skin tone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love those Tim Holtz metal accents, and you picked the perfect one! Love how it's hanging on the chain. Awesome netting in the background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card! Definitely my favourite so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH she is a haunting Hanna too, I love the owl as well great card well done Lea Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... You did an amazing job on this creation! She is definitely a knock out ghost! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I give a hoot! This is very beautiful...I expected no less from you! ;O)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are perfect and a great ghostly feel to the card! Love the charm added to the chain. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!