Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Trash to Treasure!

The stupendous Stampendous gals are at it again this week...recycling, repurposing, and reusing for the month of April! Nothing hits the "round file" this month, and everything is fair game to be stamped, cut, encrusted, and Frantaged!



I have yet another metal item I salvaged from the "trailer of treasures."  I'm all about recycling cool found items.  What may look like junk to one person could become all sorts of things in my crafty claws!  Here's the cool piece I'm using for this week.  I have no idea what this was in its previous life!




Today it has become the Surf Shack!  I think it's much cuter as a surf shack than it was as a, well, whatever it was!  Here's my card:



This was so fun to create and so easy!  Here are the details:

Products used:

Stampendous Cling Changito Surfer
Stampendous Golden Sand Embossing Powder
Bazzill
Neenah
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
VersaMark Pad
Copic Markers
Tim Holtz Brad
Doodlebug Twine
Ultra Fine Flower Soft
Glossy Accents

Instructions:

1.  Cut Bazzill base and fold in half
2.  Cut Neenah paper to fit on Bazzill
3.  Stamp
Cling Changito Surfer and color (I used Copic Markers)
4.  Color background (again using Copics)
5.  Stamp three surf boards only, color and cut out, set aside
6.  Cut metal into "shack" pieces (side and roof), adhere to image piece
7.  Punch hole for brad, hand written sign with twine
8.  Using VersaMark pad, add Stampendous embossing powder in Golden Sand
9.  Attach surf boards with glue dots
10. Using Glossy Accents, adhere Ultra Fine Flower Soft in Sand
11. Attach hand written and layered sentiment

Easy peasy, right!?  And, he's just so darn cute!  I hope you like my project this week for the April Challenge.  Be sure to check back next week for another trash to treasure project.

Check out what the other players for this week have been up to:



You have until Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to add your direct link to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog). You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do! As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous newly released Mother's Love Perfectly Clear Stamp Set .





Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you may enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!


Hugs,
Lea

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lea what a super cool dude he is , great card and fab idea for the hut well done keep recycling Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! Too fun! Love the surfside scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, this is adorable! You are so creative! I love your beach hut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you got your post finished. ;) Great use of that corrugate and I wouldn't have guessed you used flower soft- looks EXACTLY like sand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lea! I'm a firm believer of, "One mans trash is another man's treasure."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the red and turquoise surfboard on the left! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!