Friday, April 25, 2014

Get Hoppin' with Stampendous and Dreamweaver!


Wow!  What a "Dream-Pendous" week it has been!  Are you ready to hop with Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous Stamps?  Before you do, don't forget that there are three prize packages available but you must comment to be eligible to win. Each will have a great selection of Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous images and dies...one of which is the new "Blossom Beauty" face image as shown on the badge.  So on with the show!  

My project today is another canvas.  I had this idea in my head and, well, if you saw my post yesterday, you know what that's like!  I had to get it out!!  I recently saw a canvas that was done with joint compound.  I liked the look but didn't have any joint compound laying around, however, I did have embossing paste!  So, an idea was born.  My project, even with embossing paste in place of joint compound, is nothing like the canvas I saw originally.  It was a beautiful canvas but mine is more of a mixed media project.  Guess you could say it's a little more "artsy!"  I look forward to hearing what you think!






For some very odd reason, the bottom of my canvas photo keeps pulling into Blogger much darker than it actually is.  The bottom shading is actually like the top of the canvas.  I've never had this happen before so I'm not sure how to fix it.  One of the things I really love about this project is how the text from the Dream Text stamp still shows through the embossing paste.

Here's what I used to create this project:

Stampendous® Cling Blossom Beauty
Stampendous® Cling Lovely Garden
Stampendous® Regal Bird Quotes PC™S
Stampendous® Angel Wings Quotes PC™S
Stampendous® Royal Heart Quotes PC™S
Stampendous® Charmed Art PC™S
Stampendous® Artist Elements
Stampendous® Cling Jumbo Dress Form
Stampendous® Dream Text
Dreamweaver Stencils© White Embossing Paste
Liquitex® Ultra Matte Gel Medium
Ranger® Archival Ink™ - Jet Black
Tim Holtz® Distress Ink™ - Pumice Stone
Dixie® Deli Paper
Neenah® Classic Crest™
Artist's Loft™ Watercolors
DecoArt® Paints 
Artist's Loft™ Necessities™ 8 x 10 Canvas Board

Here's what I did to create this project:

Stamp Dream Text stamp over entire surface of canvas board
Cover surface of canvas with embossing paste and allow to dry
Stamp all images on deli paper and tear out close to edge of image
Use watercolors to color butterfly and eyes and lips on face
Apply images with gel medium
Add enough embossing paste around edge of images to blend into background
Brush on distress ink randomly around canvas
Stamp words on cardstock pieces and trim
Stipple distress ink on words
Apply words to canvas with gel medium

Squirt paint on ends of brushes, tilt up and allow paint to run down canvas

That's it for this one, I do hope you like it!  I had a good deal of fun putting this one together with the various images and words.  Enjoy the rest of the hop and I hope to see you back here soon!  Here's the complete hop list:
Thanks again for stopping by!  Don't forget to comment if you want to be eligible to win a prize package.  Have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Lea



33 comments:

  1. I think your canvas looks FABULOUS Lea!!!

    PERFECT balance of images and sentiments and WONDERFUL POP of colour in the eyes, the wings on the dress form and the brushes too => LOVE IT!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting canvas. Love how you colored the inks coming off the brushes and added the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly beautiful. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, your canvas is beautiful and totally mixed media-licious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the out of the box thinking. Great creative freedom. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic. I love the face without the lines...it's giving me so many ideas. Your drips of color from the brushes is so inspired and are such a creative use of those images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas! Love the creativity - I would like to try something like this! I have enjoyed the hop this week - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. So many elements, love the paint dripping from the brushes. the winged dressform, and the faces peeping out from the background. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very unique...love the dripping paint from the brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, so many pretty details. I can't stop looking at this layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your canvas! Simple yet beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the dripping paintbrushes. Well thought of!!! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Canvas! Great combination of stamps and stencils! You are so dang clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the paint running down the paint brushes. fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tutorial is fantastic, Lea and your paint drip is dramatic and fun! Love how you put the text under the paste, so cool looking! Thanks so much for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative. I like the paint dripping from the brushes.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great project! Thanks for the step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice. I love all the different elements you used on your project. Thanks for sharing with us how you created your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the paint drips in different colors! So very artsy. The text under the white embossing paste is great, too. I would have thought the paste would totally cover it up. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very unique project, I love the small amount of color that pops out at you. Great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So creative & beautiful! Love how you put all the elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is very cool! I love the dripping paint.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool piece! I love how striking the face is and the colors dripping from the paintbrushes are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful canvas! Love the thought behind your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this is pretty! I love the pops of colors, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful canvas!! I love the wings on the dress form and the colors on the paintbrushes and how it drips. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the balance of coloring..her eyes, the wings, and especially the paint dripping from the brush. thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is amazing how all of you designers do such very different work with the same face stamp. Love how you have the paint running off the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! And I have that paintbrush stamp. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your canvas, Lea! Most interesting is that brilliant pop of red paint dripping down the page - genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!