Friday, July 31, 2015

Got Paste?

If you've got it, spread it!!  Those of us on the Stampendous Design Team have been sharing pasted projects all week with our fantastic Dreamweaver Stencils Embossing Paste.  Most of you use your paste with stencils but did you know you don't have to?  You can spread it directly onto your paper for some great texture like I did on my card today.  I've got a mini tutorial showing you almost each step I took, the final steps were pretty obvious.  Truth be known, I went to a ballgame and when I came home to finish my project, I forgot to take pictures!  Oops!  So here goes:

Ready to spread the paste!

Paste is all spread!

Spray stamp with water and stamp into paste!

Spritz with Memories Mists™while paste is wet!

Card base trimmed and scored, ready to go!

Image stamped onto clear transparency film with VersaMark™ and heat embossed with powders!

The finished project!!

A close up of the heat embossed image and the great texture in the paste!

Here's what I used to create this card:

Memories Mists™ in Mango Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, Orange Juice, Fruit Punch and Copper Shimmer
Mat Board
Clear Transparency Film
Glue Dots Small Dots
Zip Dry Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives

Usually I would post the steps I've taken to complete this project, however, since I've provided pictures, I think you can see for yourself how it was done.  The main thing to remember when stamping into the wet paste is to spritz your stamp with water first.  This prevents your stamp from sticking to the paste.  You really don't want perfectly smooth paste either, a rough texture adds more interest!  To finish it off, trim your heat embossed image, add glue dots behind the image and adhere to pasted card front piece.  Tie your bow and attach to card front.  Adhere card front to card base.  It's such a simple card but you do need to allow for drying time so don't expect to complete it quickly.  

Here's a complete list of my teammates that have more pasted projects to share for your inspiration:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you've enjoyed my mini tutorial and that it has inspired you to try something new and fun with embossing paste.  Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again next week with more fun projects designed to inspire you!

Hugs,
Lea

8 comments:

  1. WOW! That's an awesome technique Lea! I have the paste but have not used it in this way. Didn't even know you can stamp right onto them until now. Thanks so much for sharing. I've got to it a try. Have a lovely weekend Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE,LOVE this! So bright and cheerful! I haven't tried stamping into the paste yet. Have to give that a try this weekend! I think I might need to go order those mists. The colors are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the bright colors and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your background on this card! I didn't know you could stamp into these pastes. This will be fun to add to my bag of tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Never thought of trying this before!! Rushing into my craft room as soon as I am done the hop so I can get started!!!! Your colors are out of this world awesome and love this technique!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done this technique in so long. Thanks for the reminder! Beautiful color and texture, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous choice of colors and what a fabby technique! Thank you for sharing your great projects this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!