Friday, May 3, 2013

Vase Bouquet in May!

One of my favorite things about May is all the flowers in bloom.  They're everywhere here in Winston-Salem and they are stunning!  May puts on a radiant show in my neck of the woods!  Well, Stampendous!® has put on quite a show with new floral stamps, too!  This is Vase Bouquet and is one of my new favorites!  I love, love, love this stamp!  The versatility is awesome as this stamp can be used for Mother's Day, which is right around the corner (hint, hint!), birthdays, get well, happy anniversary, thinking of you, congratulations, the list could just go on.  Most of the floral stamps from Stampendous!® could be used in the same manner, you really get a lot of bang for your buck!  Isn't this image just gorgeous!?


So here's what I did to create this card.  For starters, I stamped my image with Memento® Tuxedo Black on Neenah® Classic Crest and colored with Copic® markers.  I trimmed the image down and added Tim Holtz™ Distress Ink in Antique Linen all around the edges and close to the image.  One of the reasons I like to do this is because it really finishes the look and makes the image pop.  This is a good sized image so I wanted to make the card a 6x6.  I could have gone smaller but sometimes I prefer a bigger card!  Anyway, the card base is Bazzill® and my patterned papers are from Bo Bunny's® Little Miss Collection.  I just trimmed them to fit and adhered them with Beacon Adhesive's Zip Dry™.  My ribbon is from May Arts and my pearls are from Queen & Co.  I think the ribbon and pearls are just the right touch for this image!

Stampendous!® is showing off all the new flowers from the April catalog this week so be sure to go to the blog and check them out.  While you're there, you'll notice two awesome things, one is Stampendous!® is offering free shipping on all retail orders over $50 to U.S. addresses.  This awesome offer is going on through July 31st!  The second cool thing you'll notice is a link to our new digital downloads.  We have one called Flowery Phrases Digital Download that is just perfect for our new floral stamps!  There are several other awesome digital downloads available for a very reasonable price so be sure to check them all out, some even have art and not just sentiments; now that's a bargain! Today I'm posting with Cyndi and Jamie, here's their links:  


 Here's a recap of my teammates that have posted lovely floral creations designed to inspire you earlier this week; I hope you'll check them out if you haven't already!


That's it for today, I'll have another new creation for you soon so be sure to check back!  Have a great day!

Hugs,
Lea



2 comments:

  1. Super Gorgeous!! Your coloring is stellar!! I really like how you sponged ink from the edges in, leaving the bright paper around the colored image... makes it look like the light is shining from behind... just a beautiful look! I'm lovin' these new big flowers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the colors are perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!