Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Latte of Love!

Hi!  I do hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and you're now ready for the count down to Christmas.  Yikes!  I'm so not ready but today's card for the Desert Islands Crafters Challenge is more than just a card, it also holds a gift!  Well, okay, so it's a gift card but that's okay, it's one less present to wrap.  

If you know me at all, you know I love Starbucks.  It's one of my favorite places to just sit and chat while relaxing with a warm peppermint mocha latte in the winter and an icy cold mocha frap in the summer.  Their gift cards make it so easy to pick up a quick little hostess gift or stocking stuffer and I pick up several every year.

Here's the challenge itinerary:

1.  Cupcakes
2.  Speckles & Splatters
3.  Recycle Something
4.  Add a Charm
5.  Lace
6.  Distress it
7.  Polka Dots
8.  Make a Gift
9.  Feathers
10.  Add a Bow

For my card, I've used 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 10.  Here's my card:


Here's how I created this card:

Stamp Saturated Canary Latte image, color with Copics, trim to desired size
Create card base and mat for image from Bazzill
Trim patterned papers for card 
Distress edges as shown with paper distresser
Add pine needles distress ink around edges; antique linen around image, followed by pine needles on edge
Adhere patterned papers as shown
Trim Starbucks cup sleeve to fit across bottom of patterned papers, adhere to card on sides and bottom only leaving the top unsecured to create a pocket
Adhere lace to bottom of card to cover bottom edge of cup sleeve
Using foam squares, adhere matted image to card front
Tie bow with gift card string and insert gift card into pocket

Here's a list of products used for this card:

Neenah Classic Crest
Bazzill
Crate Paper "Bundled Up" 6x6 Pad
Copics
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pine Needles and Antique Linen
Zip Dry Adhesive
Crochet Lace from JoAnn's
Foam Mounting Squares
Starbucks Cup Sleeve and Gift Card

I had such a good time creating this card for the new challenge.  Saturated Canary images are just adorable.  I would like to extend a huge thank you to Krista at Saturated Canary for sharing her talents with us!  I hope you'll be inspired to play along with us!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!