Thursday, June 20, 2013

Feeling a Little Etch-y

Who knew that designing for a Stampendous! Stamps would lead to etching glass!?  This was something I've never done before and it was much easier than I ever could have imagined!  Armour Etch does all the real work for you!  Initially I was very intimidated by this product and I soon found I had no need to be afraid.  I picked a round mirrored disk that is meant for a candle.  I cleaned it off with alcohol, wiped my embossing buddy over the glass, using VersaMark ink, I stamped the Cling Jumbo Daisy and embossed it with copper embossing powder.  Next, I added my Armour Etch cream, waited 2 minutes, rinsed it off with warm water, scraped off the embossing powder, and, booyah!, frosted glass!  The hardest part of the whole deal, trying to get a decent picture to show you how awesome this stuff is!  I must apologize for the not so great photos!  It's hard to photograph anything mirrored so this was a bit of a challenge.





I know it looks a little blurry but that's just the way it photographs!  In real life, it's really pretty!  Be sure to check out the Stampendous blog here and see who else is playing along today.  Also be sure to come back tomorrow for the grand finale blog hop.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again tomorrow.

Hugs,
Lea

17 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of etching the mirrors. It looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty. Love it! I live in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHAZAM! This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the daisy image on the mirror! I think this is my favorite one so far! This image is perfect for this technique! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the copper embossing on the mirror. Thanks for showing this great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty - the daisy looks fab on this mirrored disk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from Illinois. This looks amazing, love the pretty effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from Missouri. Love the etched sunflower mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You posted! The little mirror looks great. Jean from California

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see it quite well in the second pic. Looks like a dark paper was put behind it. :) This stuff is soooo cool! Looks like lots of fun! Can't wait for the big hop on Friday!
    -Angel from Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea! I bet a candle would look beautiful on there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great image to put on a mirror! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mirrored Christmas Ornaments would be so cool. These with the flowers would be terrific suncatchers in a kitchen window! This is so fun, Lea! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That daisy is great on the mirror! I can't wait to try this technique
    Denny in California

    ReplyDelete
  14. Etching the mirror surface was a great idea. Pretty!!

    Janis from Idaho in the USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! So pretty, I must give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!