Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fun with Faber-Castell



Wow!  Can I just say how much I love Faber-Castell®!!  When you combine it with Stampendous®, it's a  match made in Heaven!  For my project today I've used Bowl Bouquet and one of the many great sentiments from Friendship Assortment.  I've colored my image with Faber-Castell's Art Grip® Aquarelle Pencils.  Each watercolor pencil is given a number and the ones I've used are 147, 162, 109, 104, 107, 166, 167, 115, 118, 126, 163, 199 and 132.  Aren't the colors pretty!?


Here's what I used to create this project:

Ranger Archival Ink™ in Jet Black
My Mind's Eye® Six By Six Designer Paper Pad in "A Mother's Love"
Bazzill® Cardstock
Canson® Watercolor Paper
Queen & Co.® Pearls
Scor-Tape®
Misc. Foam Mounting Squares
Water brush

Here's how you can create this card:

Stamp image with black ink
Color image with pencils and apply water with water brush
Create card base with a tent fold
Trim patterned paper for background
Stamp sentiment with black ink
Apply color to sentiment
Trim a mat for image and sentiment
Adhere all layers as shown and pop sentiment on
Affix pearls as shown

Both companies are giving away some great prizes but to be eligible to win, you must leave a comment.  It's not hard, I know you can do it!  LOL!  Come on, leave us a little love to let us know you've enjoyed our projects.  We've created them just for you!  The big blog hop is tomorrow, there will be lots of projects to view so be sure to stop back by for some crafty inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope I'll see you here again tomorrow.  Until then, have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Lea

38 comments:

  1. Lea, I love this card...love the colors you used and that you used Faber Castell pencils. I love water-coloring and am so happy to see you using them. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! Beautifully coordinated colors--I love the wash behind the sentiment. Clever and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring - so pretty! Love the subtle shading of the water and the glass beads.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors!! The Faber Castell watercolor pencils are so amazing to work with aren't they? I love using mine because they always give me such great results. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and cheerful card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are beautiful. So bright and cheerful. Great job of coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors, great layout!! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Colors look amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. I love how you colored the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautiful colors and all the layers and bling on your pretty card.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card is Beautiful! I love the gradient color on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just lovely! I like the way the image colors coordinate so well with the plaid paper. You colored/painted so well too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish my coloring looked half as nice as your gorgeous card. Wonderful job coloring all those flowers. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the coloring on your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the colors you used so that we can try our hand at coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous. I love water coloring on cards and yours is so well done. The colors are beautiful and I thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your coloring! And love the sentiment too. Beautiful card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. The soft sorts of colors look really pretty. I like your combination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your background paper is just right with the vase of pretty flowers. You did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous image which you colored beautifully. You have inspired me to buy this stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card. The water coloring looks fabulous!!! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I love those colors together and your background on the sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very pretty.....and perfectly matching your background. Just lovely!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    GIVEAWAY: HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those aqua pencils from Faber castell are the bomb! I bet this looks even more vibrant in person!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card!! And the final touch of shaded colours under the sentiment - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolute perfection. Wish I could just drop itin the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the colors you used and the sentiment on this card. This would be a great Operation Write Home card and maybe I can make something similar! Thanks for sharing some talent and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful coloring--love this card! Can't believe how the pencils exactly matched the printed paper & love adding watercolor to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Lea. This is one of my favourite stamps ever and your colouring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  30. GORGEOUS card!!!

    LOVE your vase of flowers, colour combo, colouring and sentiment too - WOW - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    THANK YOU for sharing your BEAUTIFUL crafty inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card! I love how you added color behind the words too. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You've created a beautiful card, the colors you've chosen are just right for Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!