Sunday, March 2, 2014

Desert Islands Crafters Challenge Time!

So, I'm a little behind the 8 ball for this one but I hope my card will make up for my tardiness.  Let me just say, it's been a crazy weekend and I'm actually glad it's almost over!  I don't say that very often but I'm looking forward to the week ahead!  Our Desert Islands Crafters Challenge sponsor for this round is Polka Doodles, the image I've used is Dollie Daydream Goes East - Lantern Digi.  I've colored my image with Copics, enhanced her with a little chalk make-up (eye shadow and blush) and chalked the background.  I also used chalk for my lantern glow on the outside of the lantern.  Here's the itinerary for this challenge:

1. Asian Themed
2. Lots of Red
3. Metallics
4. Text (as in, paper or embellishments with text on them)
5. Mythical Creatures
6. Vellum
7. Found Object from Nature
8. Stripes
9. Use Chalk
10. Make it Glow

For my card, I used all but #5.  I just didn't have any mythical creature stamps or embellies that would have worked!  Here's my project:



I really had fun with this one!  If you're wondering where the metallic part of my card is, I used DecoArt's Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush on her dress hooks and trim around the edge.  I also used if for the handle of the lantern.  I punched the flowers out of vellum with a punch from  EK Success and colored them with Copics on the back side.  It was a beautiful spring-like day here in North Carolina so I enjoyed my little walk-about looking for just the right twigs for my "cherry blossoms."  My papers are Bazzill, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cover and Basic Grey's "konnichiwa."  The chalks are from Pebbles, Inc.    

We hope you'll play along with the DICC team, you just might win!  Thanks for stopping by!  

Hugs,
Lea

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!