Friday, September 19, 2014

Add A Little Dazzle Hop


                      Blog_header_add_a_little_dazzle

Hope you're enjoying all the inspiration featuring Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets and Stampendous Stamps and Essentials this week! We know you'd love to win some goodies to try yourself! If you missed the earlier posts, here are the links for you:  MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY .  Here's my project for today:





Here's what I used to create this project:

Stampendous Cling PenPattern Leaves
Stampendous Leaves Die Set
Stampendous Opaque Embossing Powders - Honey, Paprika, Olive
Stampendous Boss Gloss Embossing Ink
Add A Little Dazzle Metal Sheets - Golden Glimmer
Add A Little Dazzle Metal Sheets - Brushed Bronze
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Antique Gold
DecoArt Americana Chalkboard Paint - Black Slate
DIY Bangles 14 mm Wooden Barrel Beads
May Arts Ribbon String Burlap Ribbon - Natural
Miscellaneous Baling Twine
Miscellaneous Chalk

Here's what I did to create this project:

Die cut each leaf from the metal sheets, ink each leaf, add a mix of embossing powders and heat set each one
Create bow from baling twine being sure to leave long tails to attach the leaves
Tie three knots at different levels on each twine tail
Use May Arts string to attach leaves by their stems to each tail, one over each knot
Paint wooden beads, once dry, attach one to each tail and knot ends of twine to hold beads in place
Attach twine to chalkboard for hanging and attach bow to that twine with burlap string
Take largest leaf die, turn to flat side down and trace inside with chalk, add lines
Write sentiment with chalk

If my chalkboard were not damaged, this is pretty much where the process would have stopped!  However, I found this chalkboard at Tuesday Morning in the clearance section because the chalkboard had been scratched pretty extensively.  I bought it for $10.00!  I knew I had chalkboard paint at home and this was an easy fix.  I couldn't pass it up.  So, to cover the scratches, I merely added two coats of chalkboard paint over the existing surface.  This was one of those projects that popped into my head almost as soon as I saw the chalkboard.  By the time I got home, I couldn't wait to get the paint out and get the first coat on it.  I'm so loving how it looks.  I've already decided to make a garland for each season and I can change the look as the seasons change.  Yep, I'm pretty excited!

The team over at Add a Little Dazzle has created a special featuring the metals from this blog hop for those of you who have already realized you're going to need these products. You can find it here - Add A Little Dazzle Stampendous Hop Special. Of course you might win some, too! We're giving away three prize packages this week for comments on the blogs. A nice package of Metal Sheets, Stamps and Cutting Dies!

Stampendous

Wendy Price

Vicki Dutcher

Keren Baker

Janelle Stollfus

Add a Little Dazzle

Lea Kimmel

Cathy Parlitsis

Kristine Reynolds

Lee-Anne Cross 

Graciela Chavez

Jamie Martin

Lydia Brooke-Evans

Asia King

Lee Ann Barrett

Amy Hurley-Purdie

Kate Capper

Pam Hornschu

Martha Lucia Gomez


I so hope you've enjoyed this past week.  Who knew metal sheets would be so fun to create with?!  I know I'll be doing lots more down the road!  Thanks for stopping by today, I hope to see you again soon.  Have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Lea

P.S. If you click on a blog link and receive a notice that says "this post is not here" or something similar, just click on the blog header or look for a link that says Home. That should take you to the home page of that blog and the correct post should be near the top. Thanks for your patience.

27 comments:

  1. Cute idea - love the leaves.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling chalk board, love the leaves.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find!! Love the leaves, they are absolutely beautiful! These metals are just amazing and I can't wait to be able to try them for myself!! Your chalkboard is beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is our kind of a clean slate! Love that leaf garland and you personal note. Thank you for inspiring us with your Tuesday Morning find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice garland! I love how the leaves turned out! would LOVE to see what you come up with for garland for the other seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garland is so pretty! It looks enameled. Love that you were able to fix that chalk board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy fall to you, too.
    Plain and simple but so pretty. the leaves can be removed and something for another holiday or event can be added. Great idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to make your own chalkboard and decorate it with those gorgeous leaves. Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute garland. So many places you could hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♫♩♬ ♩The falling leaves drift by my ... chalkboard. The falling leaves of red and gold ♫♩♬ ♩and green too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute home decor! love the dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the leaves. Totally Clean and simple project! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A garland for each season is such a good idea! I do love these fall falling leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree...who knew metal could be so beautiful in scrapbooking!!! Your leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this Lea! A super decoration that could really be added in a variety of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That chalkboard with the leaves looks totally amazing Lea! The chalkboard v metal combo really works, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really a Beautiful proyect! Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVELY decor piece!!! The leaves absolutely glow against the chalkboard!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely project! Happy Fall Y'all! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!