Thursday, March 10, 2016

Mixing It Up


Hello, hello!!  I’m beyond excited this week as the Stampendous Design Team is playing with our BFFs over at DecoArt!  As you probably already know, Andy Skinner has designed some amazing stamps for Stampendous.  What you might not know, Andy just happens to be the DecoArt International Education Coordinator.  How cool is that job!?

Andy and his band of merry mixed media artists are playing along with us, including Julia Stratford-Wright, Mark Gould, Mel Hookham, and Jools Robertson. Plus, there will be posts this week on the DecoArt blog, too.  Since, I know you’ve already been wowed by my teammates earlier this week, I hope today’s posts will be just as awesome!  I've prepared some step-out photos just for you!


Once stencil is taped down, sponge on ink in a random fashion.  I purposely did not cover the entire area the stencil covered.


Squeeze one drop of Diarylide Yellow Media Fluid Acrylic into Regular Embossing Paste. As you can see here, I've only used one drop of Fluid Acrylic.  Since they're so highly pigmented, it only takes one drop to get amazing color results.


Mix paste and paint thoroughly.


The paste is a little lighter than I wanted so I'm going to darken it some. 


 So, I've added a little drop of Cadmium Orange hue and mixed it up.  Notice, I've used the tiniest of drops to get the perfect color!


Here's my paste, the perfect shade I wanted and ready to spread! Because it takes so little paint to tint the paste, there's not much needed


Here it is, all pasted and drying!


In the meantime, I've stamped my images, created my card base, snipped a flower stem and cut out a leaf that I stamped my sentiment on!  Once my paste dried, I added some distress ink and layered it all to form my card!


So, here's my card with a rather fun and funky sunflower!

Here's the complete list of products I've used to create this card:

DecoArt® Media Fluid Acrylics™ in Diarylide Yellow and Cadmium Orange Hue
Memento™ Cantaloupe, Dandelion and Rich Cocoa Ink Pads by Imagine Crafts®
Vintage Photo ID Distress Ink™ by Ranger®
My Colors® Desert Cactus Cardstock
Faber-Castell® PITT™ Artist Pen in Green Gold
Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesive



WE HAVE AWESOME PRIZES!!


You’ll want to get your commenting fingers ready…so put down your paintbrushes! Each comment on a post this week will enter you to win a fabulous prize package! (One comment per post, per person.)  This contest is open to everyone!!  We have three packages and each has a Fluid Media Starter Kit, all three of Andy Skinner’s new Stampendous Stamp Sets, and a Jumbo Acrylic Handle. Look at this great prize!

Here's a list of my teammates that are playing along today, be sure to leave them some love:


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll have another project for you tomorrow so make sure to come back.  In the meantime, have a wonderful day, I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Lea

52 comments:

  1. A lovely bright card with a real happy feel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun Summery colors! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors on this and the flower is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I love the sundial and that background is gorgeous! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing how you did your cool card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so unique and fun Lea. What a fabulously different flower - I just love your idea! Thanks bunches for your step by steps and your inspiration! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sunflower and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a very funky sunflower - must be a new variety!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this!! That background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wicked!! LOVE the newest version of Sunflower!! Very pretty and fun! LOVE how you did the background too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Your background is amazing, the colors beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the design & the bright colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just TOO sweet! Absolutely love the collage design and that flower is such a great combination of stamps. Thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card your card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, with a fun, original sunflower as the eye-catcher !
    Happy day for you as well !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your fun & funky sunflower! Love the background, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a happy card... Love flowers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous work on
    this. Love the
    color you created.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That paint really is pigmented. Look at that color! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your project. The background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome card! Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The paint tints so well, such a lovely happy project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So bright and "sunny" ;-) lots of happy colors.
    /Tina M.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great background for the sunflower.
    I was expecting bees when you post first started.
    Love the honeycomb.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great example of pigmentation in the Media acrylics. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the honeycomb so gorgeous. The colors are all so amazing and wonderful stamps. Thanks so much for sharing, love it!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lea, this is gorgeous! I love your use of the stamps- very clever!!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a fun and funky piece! Gorgeous make!

    Angela aka Lady B

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just gorgeous and gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Lea! What a fun and great way of using these Andy's new stamps!!! Very clever! :) Also clever the way you demonstrate how just a little drop of these wonderful fluid paints are sufficient to create beautiful and various shades... Love this! Thanks for the tute and blog hop! :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is great! Love the color you made. 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your piece is pretty sweet! Great job at color mixing. It looks exactly like honey. I love the inventiveness you showed creating the sunflower. The yellow tones and the leaves spiraling are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Orange and yellow make me feel like spring is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yellow is such a happy / smilie colour, love your twist on the Sunflower. Thankyou for the fun Card...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet honeycomb! Love the bright colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the background. It's really cool how easy it is to mix the colors to the shades you want!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love it, what's not to love?! A fabulous inky sunflower and that gorgeous texture background. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration and great blog hop too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a great bloghop and nice work done here.
    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  39. what a happy sunny card, love the 'flower' !!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wlhat a clever idea to make a flower from those stamps and stencils Such a cheery card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. How creative. Love the technique you used and using the calendar as the flower face was genius.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fun sunflower! Great textured, stenciled background and color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!