Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SBS Challenge Time!

Okay Simply B fans, it's time for Simply Challenge #3 over at simplybettystamps.blogspot.com and we would love for you to play along.  This month's challenge is "celebrations" and I know you can come up with something awesome for this one.

I chose to use New Year Betty simply because I think she's adorable and I plan on having an awesome year.  My image is on Neenah and I've colored her with Copics using E50, E51 and E95 for her skin and blush; YG61, YG93 and YG95 for her eyes; YR23, YR14, YR18, E08 and R59 for her hair; E42 and the blender pen for her glass; E33, E35, E37 and E39 for her gloves, wrap and shoes; YG91, YG93, YG95, E33 and E35 for her dress; C0 for her shadow.  I used a gold Spica pen for her tiara, earrings and choker.  I added a little sand Spica pen for her champagne. I cut out my image and used Tim Holtz shabby shutters distress ink around the edge.  I layered my image on a panel of brown Bazzill.  My base is an olive shade of Bazzill with the next layer up a brown shade of Bazzill.  I used patterned papers from a 6x6 pad of My Mind's Eye papers from the Vanity Fair collection.  I did simple layering and used scraps for my layered stripe across the bottom.  I pop-dotted my image and added the pearls for balance and added visual interest.  


It's a very simple card and I do hope you like her.  I think she's adorable and sassy all at the same time.  Here are the details for the challenge and I would love for you to play along; you might just win!


Simply Challenged #3

Celebrations!! - Any celebration; Birthday, baby shower, wedding, Holiday.. anything goes just pick a celebration!


Unfortunately there weren't enough entries in the last challenge for a prize :( won't you all play along this month with us?  Pweeease!



Challenge Rules:
1) You may use ANY image you like, but SBS images will receive 2 entries in our random draw!
2) Your project must be new, no backlinking to older projects!
3) You have 21 days to complete and link up your project.
4) Prizes are absolutely NON NEGOTIABLE. If you don't like the prize, please don't play for it.
5) You may enter up to 3 separate projects per challenge.
6) There must be a minimum of 10 players (not entries) in order for there to be a prize awarded.


Here are the prizes up for grabs...all from the Jude and the Rockers Playtime line!
(The more people we have join in with our challenge, the more goodies we're willing to give out.)
10-19 players will have 2 winners...
Prize #1: Child of Moreila Rubber Stamp
Prize #2: Halloweenies #5
20+ players will have 4 winners!
Prize #1: Miss Betty Burton Rubber Stamp
Prize #2: Miss Rio Burton Rubber Stamp

So there you have it!  Nice and easy!  Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created and show us what you've got!

Hugs,
Lea

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lea Love it Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lea! As always, fab coloring and it sounds silly, but other than maybe in a flower, this is probably the only card I've seen that uses large pearls that I like- they look perfect on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute face and great hair color! Love the decorative papers you used and the nice layout. ;D *Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!