Friday, November 16, 2012

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!


Ho! Ho! Ho!  Merry Christmas!  Isn't that what every Jolly Santa says!?  Here I've used Stampendous Jolly Santa that can be found this season at Michael's stores.  I love this particular stamp of Santa as he looks like the traditional Santa of my childhood.  I used Bazzill as my card base and Recollections Sugar Plums 6x6 paper pad for my two patterned papers.  I stamped my image on Neenah paper with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it with my Copics.  I trimmed the image, distress inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in bundled sage and layered it on Bazzill.  I put my layers of paper together, added some ribbon I knotted, pop-dotted my layered Jolly Santa image and finished it off with some buttons from my stash. Well, I almost finished it off!  I decided at the last minute to add some Stampendous fresh green crushed glass glitter to the holly leaves on Santa's hat using Zip Dry from Beacon.  I liked the little touch of sparkle it added which really just completes the card.  Here's a close-up of Jolly Santa:


 I love how this card came out.  There's just something magical about a rosy cheeked Santa that looks like he just got home from a night out delivering wonderful gifts! In my heart, I will always believe in the magic of Santa.  I know he's not the reason we celebrate Christmas but I love the symbolism of St. Nicholas, a.k.a. Santa!

May you find the perfect gift for the warm and wonderful family and friends on your Christmas shopping list.  May you not be trampled while shopping.  May all the register lines be short.  Most of all, when December 25th arrives, may you have the merriest Christmas ever!

Hugs!
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!