Friday, November 15, 2013

Portrait of an Indian Princess

I'm really excited as this is my first post as part of the Desert Island Crafters Challenge Blog Design Team!  Woohoo!  Fun times ahead for sure!  For my first card, our sponsor is Bombshell Stamps and my image is from the Indian Princess set.  This is how it works, on the 1st and 15th of each month a challenge is posted to create a project using the items listed on that week's Desert Island Itinerary.  Each Desert Island Itinerary will have 10 items/techniques/colors. Your challenge is to use at least 3 items on the itinerary. Here's the itinerary of items for this week, dreamed up by Kathi from the Bombshell DT:

 1. Use Indian corn colors of Rust, Gold, Deep Red, and Tan
 2. Thank you or Thankful Theme
 3. Dry or Heat Embossing
 4. Three Layers
 5. Metal
 6. Die Cuts
 7. Charms
 8. Photo Corners
 9. Ribbons
10. Lace

Here's my card using 1., 4., 8., 9. & 10.:



I created my card using the digital version of the set so I printed out the main image on Neenah Classic Crest, colored it with Copic markers and trimmed it down to the desired size.  I edged it with Tim Holtz distress inks in antique linen and then a little tea dye.  I created a mat for the image, adhered the two pieces with Zip Dry and added my 3L Scrapbook Adhesives Photo Corners in gold.  I set the matted image aside and created my card base from Bazzill and my other patterned papers are My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose collection.  The crochet lace is also part of the Stella and Rose line as their Decorative Trims, the gold ribbon is May Arts.  I trimmed and adhered all of my papers and trims, then pop-dotted my image onto the card base.  And here you have my portrait of an Indian Princess.  I think she came out rather pretty!


So, check out the blog here, use the link on the blog and all the instructions are listed on the right side.  I hope you enjoy my card, I can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!