Monday, June 2, 2014

Fairy Dust?

It's time for another challenge at Desert Islands Crafters Challenge Blog.  Our sponsor for this challenge is The Stamping Chef and my image is Fairy Dust.  I have to admit, this image cracked me up when I saw it.  It comes with a sentiment but since I wasn't given the sentiment I made up my own, which also cracked me up!  I guess I'm easily amused!  Here's our itinerary for this challenge:

1.  Distress it.
 2.  NO FLOWERS!!!
 3.  Monotone.
 4.  Not a Card.
 5.  Use a funny quote or saying.
 6.  Make it sexy for that love in your life!
 7.  use at least 3 pattern papers
 8.  emboss it 
 9.  use ribbon
10.  use metal  

I've used #'s 2, 3, 5, 7 & 9.


Here's what I used to create this card:

Pebbles™ - Garden Party Patterned Paper
Bazzill® Cardstock
Neenah® Classic Crest™ Solar White
Copic® Markers: E50, 51, 21, 53: B12, 14; R00, 01, 02, 20, 21, 22, 25; C00, 0, 01; 0 Colorless Blender
Copic® atYou Spica Peach Glitter Pen
Stampendous® Ultra Fine Crystal Multi Glitter
Beacon Adhesive® Zip Dry™
Foam Mounting Squares
Glue Dots®
White Seam Binding
Copic® R20 Refill

Here's what I did to create this card:

Print image and color with Copic markers, trim to desired size
Create card base from Bazzill with a tent fold
Trim patterned papers as shown
Adhere all layers of patterned paper to card base
Adhere image to card
Create and print sentiment, trim as desired
Create a mat for sentiment from Bazzill used for card base
Trim a piece of seam binding, place in container and dye with Copic refill, heat with heat gun to dry
Tie bow from seam binding and attach with glue dot
Attach sentiment with foam mounting squares
Add glitter to "poof" and under "fairy dust" on sentiment

Sadly, this is the last post for Desert Island Crafters Challenge Blog for a few months.  We're going to take a summer break but we'll be back in the fall ready to challenge you to even more fun challenges!  I hope you'll play along with us prior to our break.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Lea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!