Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm Batty for Dreamweaver...

...and Halloween!  For this week's creepy cool card, I've used Dreamweaver Stencil LL 525 Bats.  I love this stencil!  It screams Halloween, don't you think!?  Here's my card:


This card was a very simple one but I loved how it came out and the papers I paired it with were perfect for this particular stencil!  To begin, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Milled Lavender and Shabby Shutters and stippled it onto white cardstock with a brush.  Next using matte black embossing paste, I paste embossed the stencil onto the inked area.  Once the paste was dry I trimmed it down to the size I wanted and edged it with Black Soot Distress Ink and then added a smidge of black Stickles for glittery eyes.  I set my embossed piece aside so my Stickles could dry and began creating the rest of the card, which was easy peasy!  My card base is a fun shade of lavender Bazzill that matched my patterned paper to a "t".  I created a standard A-2 card using a tent fold.  My patterned papers are from Basic Grey but I must apologize as I don't remember which collection they're from.  I used two different papers for my background, making each just a little smaller than the base and the bottom paper.  Once I adhered my two patterned papers together, I tied some May Arts Black Sheer ribbon into a double bow with tails long enough to wrap around to the back and adhered it before attaching the whole grouping to the card base.  Next I just added my stenciled piece and voila!, my card was complete!  Super easy!!  Here's a close-up so you can kind of see the eyes.  To be honest, I wish I had done them with orange so they would've shown up better but that's okay, next time!



Here's the list of the other lovely ghouls, I mean girls (Bwahaha!) playing along this week.  Be sure to leave them some love!
                               



I'm sure they've all got something mystical and magical just for you!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Just so you know, I really, really appreciate all the kind comments you lovely ladies leave me!  Makes me feel good from the tips of my toes to the top of my noggin!  See you again real soon!

Hugs,
Lea





4 comments:

  1. I shudder to think just how much patterned paper you must have stashed away, as you always find the perfect paper to match your creations! Lol. Love that background you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't even want to know! I'm a paper fiend. I love it a little too much! I'll see a piece and think, oh, that's perfect for this stencil or that stamp. Then there are some I buy just because they're beautiful and I know that eventually I'll find the perfect use for them!

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Lea...I love the bats eyes...beady and piercing! And the background paper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...I love the bat eyes just like they are, very spooky! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!