Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wicked Wednesday and DRS Designs

Hello there!  It's Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge Blog time and this week our sponsor is DRS Designs.  Our theme for the week is Stars & Stripes!  I'm a very patriotic soul so this week's challenge is a favorite!  The image I've used is USA Thanks to Our Brave.  This one was near and dear because I spent 9 years on active duty in the U. S. Army.  I'm proud of my service to our wonderful country!


Here's what I used to create this ATC:

Copic Markers
atyouSpica™ Glitter Pens
Dylusions® Spray in Postbox Red
Americana 6x6 American Crafts™ Paper Pad
Red Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives

Here's what I did to create this ATC:

I printed the image twice in two different sizes as I wanted the bottom portion of the image to be smaller than the USA.
I colored the USA with Copics® first and then cut out each letter.
Next I decided to go over each letter with glitter pens to add a little pizzazz!
I didn't want the sentiment to remain white so I spritzed it with red spray mist and set it aside to dry.
I cut the base of the ATC from red cardstock.
I cut the patterned background paper and adhered it to the ATC base.
Next I added a little sparkle to my patterned paper with glitter pens.
Since the sentiment was dry now, I added a little glitter to "Free" and "Brave."
Next up was all the layering and adhering as shown.

I would love to see your patriotic ATC's so I hope you'll join us this week.  Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Lea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!