With lots of painty goodness!
We're hopping with our new friends at Art Anthology! We are in love with their cool paints and sprays, they’re just the perfect combo for the great mixed media projects our Stampendous Design Team has been making!
There are three amazing prize packages this week consisting of a Stampendous Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate, a $20 Stampendous Reward Card to spend on the Stampendous website, an Art Anthology Stencil, and one each Dimensional Crystal, Colorations Spray, and Dimensional Paint from Art Anthology (colors are random). Wow!! Now that’s something to slip under the tree for yourself! (PLUS – a little reindeer told us that Art Anthology will be giving away EVEN MORE paints and goodies over on their blog!!)
AND we’re celebrating the man in red! He’s checking the harnesses for those magic reindeer! It would sure be great if you found this prize package under your tree, wouldn’t it??!! Our Art Anthology hop will feature Santa in many posts this week. We’ve got the hardest working Design Team in show business!! Join us for some great fun, inspiration and prizes!
I have to admit, my project today isn't Christmas inspired or even winter, for that matter. It's the first card I saw in my mind when I received my paints and spray. Funny how those things happen! So here's my project:
Stampendous® Blossom Bunch Rubber Stamp
Stampendous® Royal Heart Quotes Perfectly Clear™ Stamps Set
Stampendous® Dream Text Stamp
Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional Paint - Buttercream
Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional Paint - Viridian
Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal Glaze - Mermaid
Art Anthology Colorations Spray - Grape Soda
Liquitex® Professional Acrylic Ink - Transparent Burnt Umber
Strathmore® Mixed Media Paper
Worldwin® Papers - Chamois
Ranger® Archival Ink™ - Jet Black
May Arts Ribbon® - 1/4" Sheer Ribbon
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon® Adhesives
Scrapbook Adhesives™ 3D Foam Squares
Here's what I did to create this card:
- Stamp the Dream Text stamp onto mixed media paper and stamp flowers over text
- Stamp flowers a second time also on mixed media paper
- Paint flowers on text with Dimensional Crystal Glaze
- Paint area around flowers on text as shown with Buttercream Sorbet Dimensional Paint
- Paint second set of flowers with glaze and Sorbet Dimensional Paint in Viridian
- Add just a small dot of Buttercream Sorbet Dimensional Paint in center of flowers
- Mix Buttercream paint and Mermaid glaze with a small dot of burnt umber ink to make green paint for stems on the flowers on the text stamp
- Allow all paint to dry, it dries very quickly
- Once paint is dry, remove sprayer from Colorations Spray and add purple ink onto text by tapping sprayer with a paint brush, this creates random drops of ink spatter
- Trim stamped text image closely and lightly distress edges of paper
- Using a craft knife, cut a small slit on each side of the stems wide enough to slip ribbon through
- Create a bow and slide ends through slits and adhere ends to back of paper
- Stamp sentiment on tag and then cover with Buttercream Sorbet, tap some Grape Soda over it, allow to dry and then attach to bow with a small piece of ribbon
- Adhere tag to stamped image
- Create an A-2 card base with a vertical tent fold and adhere text image to base
- Cut out second set of flowers (blooms only) and attach to card with foam squares being sure to offset the top flowers so that part of the bottom flower shows, this gives the illusion of fullness
I really love how this card came out! Mixed media is so much fun to create with! The designers at Art Anthology have made several amazing projects to share throughout each day this week and we wouldn't want you to miss them, so please check back often throughout the day on the Art Anthology blog so you can see them all!
That's all for me today. I'll be back tomorrow with one final post this week for our Stampendous and Art Anthology hop. Thanks for stopping by today. Have a blessed day!