Thursday, October 1, 2015

Dreamweaver Spells

It's Stampendous Dreamweaver Thursday and today we're putting a spell on you with some stencil magic.  If you look at my pumpkin, it's almost hard to believe it's a stencil!  Originally I was going to turn it into a jack-o-lantern but it was just so pretty I couldn't make myself do it!  So, here you have a pumpkin that's ready to turn into some yummy pumpkin pie.  At least it is in my mind!  I love the soft look of the chalk inks I've used.  Here's my card for today:


Here's what I used to create this card:

Green Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
We R Memory Keepers™ Autumn Splendor 6x6 Paper Pad
ColorBox® Fluid Chalk Inks - Autumn Pastels:  Olive Pastel, Creamy Brown, Burnt Sienna, Amber Clay
ColorBox® Fluid Chalk Inks - Primary Pastels:  Lime Pastel, Tangerine, Yellow Citrus
Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger®
Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger®
May Arts Ribbon®
Glue Dots® Adhesives Craft Dots
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives

Here's what I did to create this card:

Tape stencil onto white paper and ink stencil with sponges
Using a flat brush, fill in white stencil lines on pumpkin
Trim stenciled piece closely and add antique linen distress ink all around and then vintage photo on edges
Create an A2 card base with a tent fold from green cardstock
Trim patterned papers to fit as shown
Create a mat for stenciled image and edge with vintage photo distress ink
Adhere all layers as shown
Tie a double bow and attach to card front

Here's a list of my teammates that are playing along today, I hope you'll leave them some love:


Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll have another post for you tomorrow so come on back for another look.  On Saturday I'll have a fun Spellbinders post.  Yep, it's a busy week at Stampendous and I love it!  Hope you do, too!  Have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Lea

14 comments:

  1. Adorable pumpkin card! Love the great color!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful way to colored the pumpkin.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These colors are great! I love the soft chalky colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just beautiful! The soft chalky colors really look fabulous and it would be hard to turn it into a jack o lantern. Awesome card today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the background papers you have used and your chalk colored pumpkins are incredible! LOVELOVELOVE it!! TFS! Barb in VT~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love your chalky looking pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you decided against making him a jack o lantern, he's perfect the way you created him! Thank you for the clear instructions on how you made him, it makes it easy to have a go at it myself. Loving all the inspiration for each of you talented ladies!

    Maureen from GA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Great looking
    pumpkin.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in South Carolina. The card is gorgeous♡ tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!! The colors are spectacular!! TYFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL pumpkin and card, a DELIGHT to look at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous job on that pumpkin....and that bow is wonderfully tied too! Beautiful card Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty - love the muted tones.
    Becca in Florida

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!