Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Let's Face It!

Hello!  I've decided to periodically share some of my own art, either from my sketchbook or my art journal.  I love to sketch, paint, and just create art that makes me happy.  I'll share bits of my journey with you as I learn new things, tips and techniques.

Pinterest has a ton of pins on drawing, painting and creating mixed media pieces.  I've always loved to draw but I've never been good at drawing faces.  Thanks to Pinterest, I've found various sites that teach you how to do faces.  I'm going to be brave and share with you all my first face.  Granted, it took me several months to complete as I was only working on it here and there.  I've done a few artsy stylized faces but not a realistic face.  I'm not saying photo realistic but somewhat realistic.  So without further ado, here's my first completed, somewhat realistic, face:

Done with a No. 2 Pencil and a blending stump

And here's a page from my altered book journal:

Done with DecoArt Gesso and Derwent Inktense Pencils

I am always open to constructive criticism, so, if you happen to have a neat tip or trick to share with me that will help me learn or possibly improve a sketch I've done, please feel free to share.  I would love your feedback but please be kind.  I'm still working on my technique so be patient as I grow!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you're going to enjoy this personal touch to my blog.  I'm kind of excited about it, myself!  I would love to know what you think about it!   Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
Lea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!