Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Heavenly Holiday



For unto us this day, in the city of Anaheim, Laura Weed was born; we shall sing and rejoice!  

Happy Birthday, Laura!

For those of you who don't know, Laura wears many hats at Stampendous.  Her favorite, of course, is her cowgirl hat she wears when she has to round up this herd (a.k.a. Design Team).  Well, that's just my opinion so, for now, we'll just go with it!  Laura, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, please know you are loved and appreciated by many!

My card today features the Stampendous Laurel Burch Heavenly Holiday Set.  This is such a pretty stamp set with some lovely sentiments to go with the beautiful images.  They're a lot of fun to color, too!



Here's what I used to create this card:

Red Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Copic® Markers
Zip Dry Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives®
3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives®

Here's what I did to create this card:
  1. Trim white piece of paper to 4"w x 5 1/4"h, stamp ribbon image as shown and color
  2. On a separate piece of white paper, stamp birds and color
  3. Die cut birds and set aside
  4. Create your A2 card base with a tent fold from red cardstock
  5. Adhere colored panel to card base and stamp sentiment as shown
  6. Using foam squares, attach birds


This is such an easy card to create if you're looking for something to mass produce.  I had fun making my birds colorful in the Laurel Burch style that I love!  Color does make my soul happy!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate you're taking a look and really appreciate any and all feedback.  I'll see you again on Friday with some more Laurel Burch inspiration.  In the meantime, enjoy your week.

Hugs,
Lea


15 comments:

  1. Hahah, thanks Lea!! But I was born in Orange. LOL.... Your card is so pretty, thanks for coloring with Laurel's brilliant palette! This is awesome! And thanks for the birthday wishes! - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow--I so love this image & your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You colored the birds beautifully. I love your technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these birds! I've colored a few up already. Needing to do more. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Your choice of colors is wonderful. Lovely image. Thanks for letting us know it's Laura's birthday. She's a hard worker. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created a fabulous card with Laurel's images, the are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, That is just stunning!! The colors are so bright and amazing, what coloring!! Thanks for sharing, Tracey Magner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color choices for the birds! The color choices for Laurel Burch stamps are so bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so much dimension to the birds.
    Fantastic coloring.
    thanks for sharing.
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love how you colored the images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous coloring on these beautiful bird designs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colors are so bright that the birds almost glow! They remind me of stained glass windows, only cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors on these birds are amazing! You have created some colorful, bright, cheerful images, the hallmark of a Laurel Burch design! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colors are amazing, and the tiny detail is so beautiful! Love the crisp white background too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That’s such a fantastic card ! (margessw@icloud.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!