Saturday, April 3, 2021

Day 3 of the Effy Wild Challenge


Today I have another spread to share with you from my small Dylusions journal.  This one was a lot of fun even though it turned out messier than I had planned.  Still, I enjoyed to process and that's what really matters.  

This spread uses one of my all-time favorite stamps from Stampendous called Ranunculus Field.  It's a larger stamp so it's perfect for a small journal like this one.  I watercolored it loosely using my  Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  These watercolors are so richly pigmented and creamy.  If I could spread them on toast and eat them, I would!  Not really, however, they are delicious to work with.  I wanted the sky to have that soaking rain kind of look and I think it looks like it, at least close enough!  The quote is simply printed from my computer, lightly inked and adhered with gel medium.  



I love this quote from Jim.  I can actually imagine him saying this with one of his funny expressions.  Like, duh!  

I hope you like my spread and enjoy the quote as much as I do.  Until tomorrow, beautiful souls!  Blessed be!

Lea

13 comments:

  1. Lovely time spent doing lovely work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely time doing lovely work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love everything about this one too! Gorgeous, gorgeous stamp, amazing rendering and the quote.. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this! But most of all I think I love your description of the watercolors and them being delicious enough to spread on toast. It's all so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spread today, I love it. And who doesn't love Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this! The flowers, the colors, the stamping, the journaling, the quote from Jim Carrey! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote and the journal spread - so cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely spread. That's a great stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I love that stamp and the background does indeed have the soaking rain look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea, I love, love, love this spread. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!