Thursday, April 1, 2021

Day One of My Return

  


Well, hello there!  No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth!  I can't believe it's been three years since I last posted a card.  Where has the time gone!?  I've been toying with the idea of blogging again for a while now.  Then my beautiful friend, Effy Wild, came up with this challenge to blog along with her for 30 days.    So here I am!  I'll be sharing some of my art journaling pages, paintings, and sketches that I've created.  Actually, I may even have a card or two that I've never shared!

I'm going to begin with my small Dylusions journal that I started some time back.  I wanted to create this journal and fill it with my favorite quotes to pass down to my granddaughter, Emmaline.  She and I share a love of art; we really enjoy painting together!  I love that she and I have this special bond.

I created this page using various Distress Inks for the background.  The stamped image is from Vera Lane Studio.  Janet, the owner, creates images that are quirky and adorable.  If you've never checked them out, you really should!  The image is actually just a head so I collaged a dress for her and gave her a bouquet of flowers to hold.  I printed the quote, inked it and adhered as shown.  I sprinkled flowers around, because, well, it's all about the flowers!  Stickles were added to finish the centers of the flowers.  



So, that's it for me today!  I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!  Blessed be!


Lea

21 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing....and Emmaline, what a beautiful name! Glad you have this bond with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to share with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how a few days turns into a month, turns into three years lol! Welcome back, I look forward to seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page. Feels so much like a spring day.
    I've always wanted to try a Dylusions journal, just haven't gotten around to getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Just what I needed today -- it's been a rough morning... Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful card and a lovely gift to share with your granddaughter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so lovely! and the dimension - color and texture - is so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful journal page. Such a sweet idea to make it for your granddaughter. Be blessed today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the title of your blog! Your page is beautiful, and I appreciate the link to your image maker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so sweet! I love her expression. She seems lost in the bliss of the flowers around her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! And what a beautiful gift for your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh your page is lovely and bright ! And so is this post! I’m really glad your granddaughter has such a bond with you! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I bet your granddaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this page! The colors are great. Also, I'm working in a Dylusions journal this year for a class, and I really like it. It's fun to see what others are doing in theirs. And thanks for the shop link! I think--might spend a little too much money there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a happy, joyful page. I love all the dimension of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!