Thursday, April 8, 2021

Day 8 of the Effy Wild Blog Challenge

 


Today I'm sharing my favorite sketch.  This one took awhile to complete as there was a lot of texture.  Still, I thoroughly enjoyed creating this piece.  


I'm sure there's probably a ton of mistakes, but, that's okay.  I'm self-taught so I'll forgive myself!  Teehee! She was inspired by a photograph a friend of mine took of her daughter.  In the beginning, I tried to make it look like her girl, but, she just kind of took on her own look.  I was okay with that because it still gave that essence of peace and tranquility while she writes all snuggled up in the chair.  I love her, mistakes and all.  Even the little sap dots don't bother me, I learned not to sit under a tree and sketch!

So, there she is!  My favorite drawing.  I hope you enjoy her!  Blessed be!

Leadonna

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and calming!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love her. You captured that feeling of being curled up with a pen and journal perfectly and love the texture of her sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a serene picture. It’s beautiful! I don’t see mistakes, but a great work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely, the best advise I was given is two fold. 1. noone will see the reference photo so it's okay. 2. We are not photocopiers so we cannot reproduce an exact copy image it's okay.
    I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sketch, it looks perfect from here Elle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!