Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Day 7 of the Effy Wild Blog Challenge




Yesterday got away from me and before I knew it, I had forgotten to post my Day 6.  Gotta love the fibromyalgia fog my brain lives in!  So here I am on Day 7, feeling guilty for not having a Day 6 and I honestly don't know why I'm so mad at myself over it.  I did comment on several blogs yesterday as I had some catching up to do on comments and I really enjoyed reading the blogs I read.  

I thoroughly enjoyed Renee Magnusson's post about Rocky the Secret Raccoon!  So funny, and, I'm waiting impatiently for more details on this secret raccoon who apparently passed away from stress.  RIP Rocky.  I don't normally laugh at the death of an animal, like EVER, but, the whole story of Rocky and Renee's friend texting her these cryptic messages about him was just a hoot!  If you haven't read her post about it, you really should.  You can find it at RENEEMAGNUSSON.COM.

Today, I'm sharing a sketch I did a while back.  It's a rather calm pastoral scene I created in my head.  I don't generally sketch other people's art, I prefer to create my own using the extremely vivid imagination I've been gifted with.  I love the mountains and old barns. I even threw in an old tractor for fun.  This is one of my favorite pencil sketches I've done.  I'll show you my other favorite tomorrow.


Sharing my personal art is a little bit like baring my soul.  It fills me with trepidation and makes me instinctively want to reach for the lorazepam!  C'est la vie pour moi! Blessed be!

Lea


11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful sketch! I'll have to jump over to read Renee's blog. You've got me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your sketch! My imagination takes to motion and the feel of serenity sweeps over me, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg she posted an update on Rocky!!!!! I won't spoil it, its worth the read

    Your sketch is beautiful and serene. The depth and detail makes it come alive. I see why its a favourite

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sketch! I need to take time to just sketch. You are inspiring me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, this is beautiful. It makes me want to lean against the tree and read the afternoon away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning sketch! Yes I'm following the texts re Rocky as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfectly lovely sketch. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh its so pretty! It can be so scary to share your art! I have the worst anxiety when I am standing in front of it for a show. The past year has been great for that< But I think I am looking forward to sharing more, and realizing that I am my own worst critic, and that I actually don't care as much about other peoples opinions. Of course I would still rather hear nice comments ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sketch!!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!