...one awesome hop!This week we are playing with some fantastic products from our friends at Clear Scraps and we’re excited to share our finished projects. You can image how much fun it is to have a clean canvas to start with but when you use Clear Scraps it’s a see-through canvas!
Here's what I used to create this project:
Green Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Derwent® Inktense™ Pencils
Archival Ink Jet Black Pad by Ranger®
Copic® Markers: Y15, Y18, YG67, W7
Solid Oak, Inc. Steampunk™Small Gears
Zip Dry Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
AC Remarks® Highline Alphabet Stickers
Tim Holtz® Idea-ology Key
Here's what I did to create this project:
- Stamp houses, color with pencils
- Cut houses out but leave a grassy section creating an increasing height of grass with each page
- Lay each house/grass section down on green cardstock, draw around it and trim to match that section (This gives you a way to adhere the pieces to the acrylic but cover the glue and it gives it a more finished look and a place to write)
- Take clear gear embellishment and color both sides of it with the darker yellow Copic® marker
- Remove protective covering from pages and adhere papers as shown, be sure to insert sun/gear behind top paper on the last page
- With a green Copic®, color gears that have been matched up to create trees
- With the warm gray Copic®, draw tree trunks and branches and attach gears, one on each side of acrylic page for each tree
- Stamp sentiments on each page
- Adhere letters to tabs to spell "Home"
- Using lighter yellow Copic®, add sun rays on back page
- Poke holes through papers to add rings
- Put rings through and add a key to top ring and add extra gears to bottom ring
I hope I've not left anything off but I really think it's pretty obvious what I did if you just look at the photos. I really love how this turned out. It makes me super happy when a project comes out pretty much exactly the way I have it pictured in my head.
For the Clear Scraps Blog Hop, The Stencil Specialists are offering A Stampendous Stamp, A Dreamweaver Stencil (LL size customer choice), A Silicone Mould. A Tub of White Ultra Light Paper Clay and 3 packs of Adhesive Gems. WOW… Now there’s a prize package! Comment each day on the Stampendous and participating designer blogs and include in which area you live! We’ll announce the winner the following week!
Here's the list of each teammate hopping along today. Be sure to comment on each blog if you want a chance to win one of the awesome prize packages.
Lea Kimmel (me)
That's it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please be sure to check back with us on Monday to see if you're a lucky winner. In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!