Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sketchbook Fun with Tombow



As part of the Stampendous Design Team, I'm used to creating projects with someone else's art.  I love coloring the wonderful images Fran draws and turns into the stamps we all enjoy.  Another great plus as part of the Stampendous DT is receiving wonderful products from other companies that Stampendous partners or collaborates with.

Just this weekend, you've seen that we're hopping with Tombow USA, one of the premier companies for creating coloring and drawing tools, among other things.  Tombow very kindly presented us each with a 24-set of their Recycled Colored Pencils.  Lately I've been attempting to draw faces, it's just something I decided I wanted to learn to do.  I'm STILL learning and I have a lot more to learn, but, I wanted to share a sketch I've done with my new set of pencils.  This is the first somewhat realistic  face I've attempted to draw with colored pencils.  For the record, she's a product of my own imagination and no one that I know.


Here she is, my Tombow Girl!  I'm torn between being proud of the progress I'm making in my own art and terrified to put her out in the Blog-esphere for all to see and critique.  It's kind of scary!  Still, I wanted to show you how easy it is to create your own art with these amazing pencils.  They blend beautifully!  I didn't even use a drawing pencil to create my initial sketch, I just went for it with the colored pencils!  


I have some very talented teammates that are posting Stampendous projects today and I would love for you to check them out and leave them some love.  Here's the link list:


So there you have it!  It's a simple drawing in my sketchbook with a great product compliments of Tombow USA!  Thank you, Tombow!  See you again tomorrow with my final Stampendous project showcasing these wonderful pencils!  Have a fantastic day!

Hugs,
Lea





11 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness! It's beautifully shaded and those are some gorgeous eyes! Wonderful job, Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea - I enjoy seeing every portrait you've shared and this one is my favorite so far. It's exciting to see the progress you've made and I can't wait to see the skills and art improve with each new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job of catching the facial features.
    I think she is beautiful. You are making great progress.
    These pencils sound like they are wonderful.
    Have to get them - though I'll never be able to draw like this.
    thanks for sharing
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on drawing and coloring this Tombow Girl! Love the eyes.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! The eyes are so intense and beautiful! You have nothing to be afraid of. Your artwork is beautiful. Kansas USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's terrific... especially her eyes!! Florida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Tombow Girl is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    LOVE the DELICATE detail and shading, a real WORK OF ART!!!
    Tracy from Victoria, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!