Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dreamy Tombow


Hi all!  It's time for Stampendous Dreamweaver Thursday and today I have a card that's all about fall and a fun new technique I've never tried before called Subtractive Eraser Technique.  Well, it's new to me, anyway.  Some of you may have already tried it out!  If you've never tried it before, here's a link to the video that shows how.  I really wanted to add a pop of color to mine so I did!


Here's what I used to create this card:

Stampendous® Dreamweaver© Stencil LL515 Pumpkins
Stampendous® Mixed Media White Paper
Tombow® Recycled Colored Pencils, 24-Pack Tin
Tombow® Mono Zero Eraser, Silver Round
Tombow® Mono NP Eraser, Non PVC
Tombow® Mono Drawing Pencil, 2B
Bo Bunny® Apple Cider Collection 6x6 Paper Pad
Onyx and Tiger's Eye Gemstone Cardstock by Core'dinations®
Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Tim Holtz®
Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives

Here's what I did to create this card:

As stated above, I used the Subtractive Eraser Technique, I did add pencil back into the design and I used colored pencils on the middle pumpkin, add distress ink and set aside
Create an A2 card base with a tent fold with the Tiger's Eye CS
Trim pumpkin patterned paper for background
Trim a piece of the other patterned paper and a piece of the Onyx CS slightly larger, dovetail both
Adhere layers as shown using foam squares to attach image

Here's the list of my teammates that are posting today; I hope you'll leave them some love:

Lea Fritts (me!)
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'll have posts for the hop on Friday and Sunday, so be sure to stop back by for some great Tombow inspiration!!  I'll see you then!

Hugs,
Lea

PS  I'm going to have an extra post on Saturday that uses Tombow's products but isn't part of the hop!

12 comments:

  1. Lea...this is a wonderful mono drawing! Your pop of color really adds an element of Fall and fun all wrapped into a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so beautifully! I really like the added color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!! LOVE how you did your pumpkins!! It really DOES add such a great POP of color!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on spotlight coloring Lea! Very dramatic and the overall card makes a beautiful fall statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sketching in the stencil area with a touch of color to make the design pop! Fabulous job, thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the highlight of one pumpkin. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the colored pumpkin really pops off the neutral background.
    Fascinating technique that I have to try.
    thanks for sharing
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Card...LOVE, LOVE the pumpkins and how you created your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely warm colors and nifty edge on the drawing! Florida

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out really cool, Lea! Love the one orange pumpkin, and the overall design of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool technique and I like the pop of color.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL card!!!
    LOVE your pumpkin panel, the shading adds such lovely dimension!!!
    Tracy from Victoria, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!