Friday, January 31, 2014

Do You Stack Up?

The January 2014 Stampendous! catalog has been released and today I'm sharing a project I created with one of the new products.  It was really hard for me to decide which project I wanted to share first but this one just called to me on so many levels!  I won't bore you with the details!  I have to apologize now as I'm confined to the main level of my house at the moment recovering from knee surgery, because of this, I don't know all of the supplies I've used on this.  I know most of the basics though and when I can, I'll go back and add the additional information.

Stampendous has released these really cool Stack Art Kits!  They come with nifty little chipboard pieces that can be decorated in any number of ways with Elements Kits and included printed sentiments.  They have their own matching stamp sets that can be used on other projects, too.  I'm in love with them!  Here's the first one I ever did and I think it came out super cute!



For this one I used the Stack Art Kraftboard Angel Wings Kit and the matching Stack Art Cling Rubber Stamps Angel Wings Kit.  The patterned paper on the bottom layer is from Bo Bunny and I used a bit of DecoArt Metallic Lustre (Champagne, I think) around the edges. For the next layer up, I stamped it with a red Archival Ink then painted over it with some cream DecoArt paint which allowed the red to ghost through the paint.  I also rubbed more of the Metallic Lustre over it once the paint dried.  I also used a little of the paint around my sentiment for accent.  I used Chunky White embossing enamel on the wings and as soon as my enamel was melted, I used the matching wing stamp and pressed it into the wings.  I rubbed some of the Metallic Lustre to bring out the detail of the wings.  For the heart, I used our Red Micro Glitter and totally covered it for lots of sparkle!  I punched two holes in my bottom layer and added wire that I randomly curled and added little seed beads here and there for accent.

Super cute, super easy and super fun to create!  What a fun little project to give as a teacher gift or to grandparents and friends!  If you haven't tried one of these cool kits, you really need to.  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Lea  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!