Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fright Night!!


It's another Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween card and I love how this one turned out.  It's pretty much exactly what I pictured in my head when I started this project.  I'm so glad the Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Team decided to play along this year!  Here's my project for today:



Here's what I used to create this project:

Copic® Markers (YG93, 95, 97, 99; Y11, 17; C3, 4, 6)
Basic Black Cardstock
Christmas Red Stickles™
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon® Adhesives
1 1/4" Circle Punch by EK Success®
1" Circle Punch by EK Success®
Tombow™ Mono Adhesive - Removable

Here's what I did to create this project:

First I penciled in my hills just to give reference points and I stamped the tree
Next I drew the tombstones, stamped the witch and the two smaller bats
I then taped on the bats stencil and inked the one bat with a sponge
Punched out two circles, one of each size
I colored in the grassy hills and tombstones then masked them off, I also masked the area for the moon with the larger circle
Using the grays, I airbrushed the sky and then removed the masks
I colored in the moon
Next I die cut my tree and adhered it on the card front
I stamped the spider
Stickles™ were added to the bats for eyes
I created my card base and adhered the card front to the base
I colored some white scraps with the green and trimmed a few pieces of grass and adhered them
I colored another piece of white with a green marker, stamped my sentiment and adhered it to a scrap of black cardstock that I then trimmed and adhered

This was such a fun scene to create, I do hope you find it to be as spooky fun as I do!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon with yet another fun project!  In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Lea





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!