Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween's Spookiest Lady



Boo!  It's Day 24 of 31 Days of Halloween!  I have a confession to make.  I'm in the midst of moving and it's hard to find time to create when you're packing boxes and sorting through a household of belongings with the remnants of four kids and two adults.  Not an easy task.  So, basically, what it boils down to is this, today I'm reposting one of my favorite cards from last year.

I'm telling you now, the Skeleton Lady from Stampendous is one of the coolest and spookiest out there.  Can you imagine walking up behind a lady in this beautiful red velvet dress with gold trim only to discover it's a skeleton?  And, she's in a graveyard!  How fun is that for Halloween?!  So spooky cool, I love it!



Here's what I used to create this card:

Stampendous®:

Plus:

Chameleon™ Markers (NU1, RD4, Y03, CG8)
Tim Holtz® Black Soot Distress Ink by Ranger®
Black Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Red Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™

Here's what I did to create this card:

Stamp image and color with markers.
Trim image closely all around.
Add black distress ink all around image.
Distress edges with scissors and add additional distress ink.
Trim a mat for image from black cardstock.
Create an A2 card base with a tent fold.
Adhere all layers.
Add red micro glitter to dress.
Mix fragments and glass glitters and adhere to edges, tap off excess.
Set aside to dry.

I do hope you don't mind a repeat!  Skeleton Lady really is one of my favs!  Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Halloween!

Hugs,
Lea

SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. So striking! Love how you did this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit this was not on my list-but after seeing this beauty I had to add her.That's okay-my friends know I'm. I can use her all year long! Love how you used the fragments and micro glitter-she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glitters and fragments you added for color and texture! Beautiful job on coloring this spooky design! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp! Great fall colors on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fangtastic.
    I think she's taken the
    living room drapes to wear
    as her dress. She is
    so elegant.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still such an awesome card! Love all the detail you added around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a gorgeous lady ghost. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty and the Beast all rolled into one! This is absolutely stunning! LOVE how you used the glitters and fragments! She needs a skeleton groom to bury her with love! LOL TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!